Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Earlier Work



Here is some of my earlier work.  I painted my first birch tree in 2005 but also tried out a few other styles and landscapes along the way.  


Red Sunset in Yellowknife
This Jack pine painting originated from a photograph that had low light in Dec.  The sun was setting around 3pm. 



Goldrush
I bought five metallic paint tubes and was playing around with how to use them.  The students I was teaching at the time kept begging me to buy them for the art room.  After this painting I bought a class set.  It was very fun to use them.  The painting came alive with a vibrant feeling.



Into the Yellow Forest
One of the first birch paintings I did without lakes and trees in the background.  I love the flatness it created and I found myself appreciating the colors of the leaves a lot more.



A commission for a couple in Edmonton



Highly textured sunflowers



Thick Autumn Forest



Spring Birch




Flowers in a Swamp



These paintings were completed for a Christmas sale.  They were 4x4 inches and black on the sides.  



Green March Sky



Jack Pine in the Morning
This is a painting I completed after coming home from camping on Great Slave Lake.  It was July and the early morning sun at 4am was so crisp and clean I had to try to capture it.



Birch Fog


No comments:

Post a Comment