Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Paintings For an Art Expo

I had the privilege to enter into an art expo in Yellowknife.  All the artists get together and rent a large space and fill it with all their work.  It was a lot of fun meeting so many art lovers in the community.


This painting is a diptych.  The woman who bought it was hanging it in a sun filled room so I sprayed it with a uv protective coat.  It looked wonderful hanging in such a bright space.

This picture doesn't capture the painting well.  The canvas was 6 feet tall and 1 foot wide, making it hard to photograph.  I personally love how yellow and a burnt looking red look together.  The couple who bought this piece hung it in an entryway by their stairs.  

Yellow Forest


Red Forest

This painting was done for a woman who had bought 5 of my paintings.  Her favourite color was red so I thought I'd paint this small canvas for her as a Christmas present.  I know birch leaves aren't red... But this is one advantage with painting a picture instead of taking a picture.


Signal Hill, Yellowknife


Cameron Falls, Yellowknife


A Bright Autumn Day


Thick Texture on a Birch Tree


Cloudy Autumn Day

Storm on Great Slave Lake



No comments:

Post a Comment